Since the academic year 2016-2017, Tknika, The Basque Centre of Research and Applied Innovation in Vocational Education and Training, is a UNEVOC-Centre.
The UNEVOC network allows Tknika to share knowledge and experiences about TVET with other UNEVOC-Centres around the world.
The main objective of Tknika as a UNEVOC-Centre is to contribute to the improvement in the standards and quality of TVET in the Basque Country. To achieve this goal, the UNEVOC-Centre will:
- Cooperate with TVET institutions at regional, national and international level.
- Provide an environment for exchange and mutual assistance among TVET officials and policy-makers, academics, teachers and practitioners, TVET experts and stakeholders.
- Contribute to the agenda on TVET and to the formulation of policies in TVET and alignment of other regional and national strategies and education-sector-strategic plans and international goals.
- Facilitate the information flow and disseminate the work of UNESCO in TVET.
- Contribute to the work of the Basque UNESCO network.
- Contribute to the implementation of the Sustainable Development Objectives (2030).